The mission of the social studies department at Fallbrook High School is to develop responsible and productive citizens who will:
As a result of participating in the FHS social studies program, students will be able to independently …
- participate actively and effectively as an informed citizen of a democracy;
- critically appraise historical and contemporary claims/decisions/issues;
- respect diverse cultures and honor equality and human dignity;
- apply lessons of the past in order to anticipate and prepare for the future;
- analyze the complex interactions between humans and the environment;
- apply economic principles to solve complex problems.