Effective July 1, 2019 - Immunization Requirements for School Entry
Starting July 1, 2019
Students Admitted at TK/K-12 Need:
- Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis (DTaP, DTP, Tdap, or Td) — 5 doses
(4 doses OK if one was given on or after 4th birthday. 3 doses OK if one was given on or after 7th birthday.)
For 7th-12th graders, at least 1 dose of pertussis-containing vaccine is required on or after 7th birthday.
- Polio (OPV or IPV) — 4 doses
(3 doses OK if one was given on or after 4th birthday)
- Hepatitis B — 3 doses
(not required for 7th grade entry)
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) — 2 doses
(Both given on or after 1st birthday)
- Varicella (Chickenpox) — 2 doses
These immunization requirements also apply to students entering transitional kindergarten. California schools are required to check immunization records for all new student admissions at TK/Kindergarten through 12th grade and all students advancing to 7th grade before entry.
Parents must bring their child's Immunization Record as proof of immunization to the school prior to admittance.
- California Immunization Requirements for K-12th Grade
- SPANISH_California Immunization Requirements for K-12th Grade
- Vaccine Catch-Up for School for Ages 7+ Years